Here at Torbridge Vet Group we are able to offer laser therapy as an additional treatment for pain, inflammation, swelling, stiffness and trauma.
Laser therapy is a completely non-invasive treatment that activates cells through a process called photo-bio modulation to help increase blood supply and aid the repair of tissues.
During the session, the laser is directed at the problem area and your pet is encouraged to relax, sometimes they relax so much they have been known to settle into a sleep.
It is a completely painless process for your pet. Humans who report from having it done say that they can feel a gentle warming action around the area of treatment, often giving an instant feeling of relief.
Laser therapy can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Degenerative joint disease (DJD)
- Spinal disc disease
- Traumas such as ligament or muscle damage
- Ear disease
- Dental disease
- Post-surgical wounds
- Healing trauma wounds
Benefits of laser therapy:
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Can be used for acute and chronic injuries or wounds
- Treatment can be customised to specific conditions or injuries (time of treatment and wavelength of light can be altered)
- Known to improve healing time
- Treatment sessions are relaxing, non-stressful and painless.
Treatments may be covered by some insurance companies, so we recommend getting in contact with your pets insurer to see if your policy will cover it.
If you feel that your pet would benefit from laser therapy, please contact us for more information.